mbpro.cpp-465

Retrospect 7.5 on SBS 2003 with all service packs

Has worked fine until today

Current error: Retrospect has encountered a serious error: Assertion failure at "mbpro.cpp-465"

We have tried uninstalling and re-installing and retrospect still crashes with this error when we open the program.

Please help!

Hi,

If Retrospect crashes upon launch, you will most likely need to remove the configuration files. These files are not removed when you uninstall Retrospect, and can be located in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Applicate Data/Retrospect. You will see two files - config75.dat and config75.bak. After you remove those files from their directory and launch Retrospect again it will prompt you for your license codes and all settings will be back to default. You will need to add clients and backup sets and recreate scripts.

• 2 years later...

I have a customer that is using RS 7.5 as well and is now receiving this error. I knew already about the config file thing and I had him remove the config files and restart and it did not resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

It looks like the .dat file was corrupted - when I copied just the .dat file out of the directory it still started with the error. When I copied everything out of the directory and started it with nothing there then it asked for the license key.

Can we get restrospect running and then restore a copy of the config file from one of our backup sets?

Rich

Archived