Storageset limit?

hi stevens,

nope. what's the filesystem of the 'storageset' you are putting the backup on. FAT32 (AKA PC/Mac exchange) and HFS (not HFS+) both have limitations. you could be using another filesystem, but those are the most commonly seen with this problem.

also, what is a 'storageset', is that an external FW HD?

I am backing up to AIT-2 Tape. " What is a storageset?" Uh, I don't mean to be rude but you're kidding right. Are you on a PC and it's called something else? The file that keeps track of what drive, on what date, how many files,etc. When you go to retrieve/restore a file what do you access? I access a storageset.

Quote:

I am backing up to AIT-2 Tape. " What is a storageset?" Uh, I don't mean to be rude but you're kidding right

hi stevens,

actually, i'm not. they're called 'backup sets' on my mac. i don't mean to be rude, but are you still on version 3?

blush.gif

Version 5.1.177 I've been using this program for about 12 or 13 years and hadn't even noticed that at some point Dantz started to refer to storagesets as backup sets. Found a 4.1 manual that still calls them storagesets. Sorry, that's what I've always referred to them as. Any thoughts on my problem?

Archived