Sign in to follow this  
max3d

No email notifier script installed

After installing Retrospect 7.0 (latest version + update on W2k3) Server there is no email notifier script in the directory external scripts.

There are some sample scripts, but not the email notifier script which is described in the manual. We would like to use it. Can we download it somewhere?

Hi Max,

In 7.0 the email notification was integrated within the program. You can set up that option in Configure>Preferences>Notification>Email.

If you really would rather configure the external script, you can download and install Retro 6.5 and take the notification script from that external scripts directory.

Lennart - External scripting is covered on page 283 of the 7.0 manual.

Cheers~

Quote:

Lennart - External scripting is covered on page 283 of the 7.0 manual.

Hi.

Thanks, but I was curious to where Max found "the email notifier script which is described in the manual" as I can't find any "email notifier script" in my manual. Perhaps he is referring to the 6.5 manual?

Regards

Lennart

Hi,

Just discovered that I have a 6.5 manual! While I have a fully licensed 7.0 version. Don't know how that happened.

I wanted to use the extra features of the mail script as the build in notifier is rather limited. My main request was to get a mail when the tape was not in the machine, before the job times out to remedy it. The description of the external script suggest that this is possible.

Will 6.5 scripts work with 7.0?

Quote:

My main request was to get a mail when the tape was not in the machine, before the job times out to remedy it.

Hi.

We use the standard e-mail functionality in 7.0 and we do get "Waiting for Media" messages via e-mail.

Isn't that enough?

Regards

Lennart

You're completely right. I mixed up a few things. I just recently enabled the job time out mechanism and since then I get these mails too.

However I'm still interested in the mailscript as I would like to customize it and send more log info on errors.

Is 6.5 still online somewhere?

Quote:

Thanks, but I was curious to where Max found "the email notifier script which is described in the manual" as I can't find any "email notifier script" in my manual. Perhaps he is referring to the 6.5 manual?

Regards

Lennart

Ah, I see. I had just answered your question directly, sorry for the confusion.

Max - If you'd like to play around with the email script, you can find the 6.5 installer here:

http://www.emcinsignia.com/supportupdates/updates/retrospect/archive/#UPDATETYPE14

You will need to install this on another machine or the installer will tell you something like "a newer version is already installed." Don't worry about the license code, you don't need to even launch the application, just install and grab the script.

Thanks so much Foster. I tried it and can happily confirm that the script works with version 7.5. Seems reasonable to assume it will work on the 7.0 installation as well.