Adding Mailboxes to 'Exchange Mailboxes'

Really simple question, to add mailboxes, the manual says to go into Volume manager, select the Exchange Mailboxes container and click the mailboxes button to add mailboxes. But where is the "Add Mailboxes" button?!? I can preview the Storage Groups contents, so don't think this is a permission issue.

Using Restrospect 7.5 on Exchange 2003.

I just checked my system and sure enough a bunch of mailboxes were not listed. Some were added during 7.0 and I added one last night which also was not showing up. I fixed mine by clicking Configure -> Volumes -> Backup Clients -> Selected the exhange server and selected the "Exchange Mailboxes" then clicked on the "Key icon at the top" (login as) and used the default account that was there and then the new mailboxes were listed. I use "Source Groups" which I forgot the "Exchange Mailboxes" and added it again....hoping it will back them up tonight.

Mailboxes will be added/updated when the client is connected to for an operation. If you backup the Mailboxes Container, for example, you will see all current mailboxes after a backup operation completes. Also, if you go to Configure > Clients > Properties > Volumes Retrospect will poll the client and find new mailboxes. Retrospect does not constantly poll the the "volumes" on a client when it is not in use. Mailboxes on a local Exchange Server will be discovered almost in real time.

Archived