Upgrade to 7.5.251, slow performance

lwarner

I recently upgraded my backup servers from 7.0 to 7.5.251, and now my backups are extremely slow. My Exchange Server backup (7.5.251 client) went from about 400MB/min to about 80MB/min. My other backups (7.0 clients) went from about 400MB/min to under 200MB/min. I was hoping for a speed INCREASE with the upgrade, not this. Now it's taking so long to backup, that the backups are overlapping. None of my settings have changed from 7.0 to 7.5. My Exchange database is the same size, my other data pool is the same size. Oh and there are no errors in the backup logs.

Win 2003 SP1, Exhange 2003.

Actually that was disabled. I do read the manual, believe it or not smile.gif However as I was verifying that it was disabled, I happened to notice that the file verification was turned on for all of my scripts, when it had initially been turned off. Apparently the upgrade decided to keep all my settings except that one. I have another server that's still on 7.0, so I ran the upgrade to 7.5 and it did the same thing... changed all my file verification settings from "off" to "on" for all my scripts.

Archived