horrible speeds on 7.5

jrosebrook

Quote:

However, the "last access" time of each backed up file on the client gets changed to backup time.

I have not found any reference to this in the manual, nor (so far) online. Microsoft has documented functions for opening files in "backup" mode, which shouldn't affect the modify time. Even if it did, the documentation states that if you really arent modifying the file you should use 'updatefiletime' function and set the access time back to what it was before you got there.

Anyone know if the 7.5 client preserves the access time (like it should)? I haven't the heart to upgrade the client again until the speed improves.

See this post: http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=69931&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm backing up using the Netware client and the interesting thing I see with 7.5 is that if I back up using the UNC path to go straight to the volume I get 250-300MB/min if I go to the client I get 140-160MB/min. Correct me if I'm wrong but besides adding additional functionality the client should also somewhat speed the backup? At least it should be close to the same I would think. Other backup solutions with clients are faster.

I also have another error but that's covered in another thread.

Archived