Error -3407; Scanning incomplete

wmk

I get error -3407 on my Exchange Mailbox backups. I read the previous threads regarding this error and understand that the cause is usually deleted mailboxes.

Your stated workaround is to omit the offending mailboxes from the script. The problem with that, unless I am missing something, is that if I fail to manually add new users to a script, I risk losing data and may not even notice the missing mailboxes.

If I just target "Exchange Mailboxes", I get all the mailboxes, but even if I tell Retrospect to forget a mailbox that has been "deleted" from Exchange, it adds it back on the next execution of the script.

Am I missing anything? Is there a workaround that does not depend on manually adding and removing individual mailboxes from a script?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for replying. This wound up on the back burner for a couple of weeks while. Please notice in the third paragraph of my original post that I CAN grab all the mailboxes by grabbing the container -- yes this is 7.5. The problem is that this results in grabbing "deleted" mailboxes. Then Retrospect throws an error -3407 and I get alerts that I need to investigate even though nothing is wrong.

I know that I can manually select the mailboxes that I want to back up, but in a dynamic environment, this adds the risk that we may miss something -- new mailboxes may not get backed up.

Is there a solution that will allow a user of 7.5 to automatically grab all mailboxes without getting errors on "deleted" mailboxes?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I would like to find an answer to this problem as well.

I have - Retrospect 7.5.285, and have setup the RBU user as suggested by the knowledge base. Our backup scripts uses a source group container which has the "Exchange Mailboxes" alias. Like the previous post, it is not sensible to add each mailbox individually due to the potential for human error when users are added.

I feel the functionality should have new users automatically discovered by the agent. This appears to work ok for me. I also expect that deleted users should be removed from the Mailbox list. This does not happen and creates errors in the backup. In the Volumes Database, the deleted mailboxes cannot be "forgotten" as this option is greyed out.

Is there any solution to this issue??

Thanks

Sean

Archived