what mac client?

I'm running multiserver 7.0.326 on a windows xp box. I'm looking for the latest client for the mac so I can backup ACL's. I just installed a 6.1 client on a 10.4.4 laptop. When I try to add the client in retrospect, it asks for an activation code.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing 6.0.107 client and the server still asks for an activation code.

BTW, this client machine was imaged from a golden master clone. I seem to remember something about an error that causes duplicate installs to require an activiation code but my searches on this turned up fruitless.

I would like to install a recent client on all my macs so I can capture ACLs. But at this point I'd settle for anything. Any ideas?

hi mark,

here's the problem: if before you cloned the computer, you accessed the client (perhaps as a test) it planted the 'activation code' on the machine. you've now imaged the computer, and all machines that have that image have the same 'activator code'.

when you uninstalled, did you actually use the uninstaller? or did you just drag it to the trash? i believe that if you uninstall it should clear this. if it did not, i suggest you run the applescript utility to clear the password that you will find here:

http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=7968&p=2

post here if that doesn't fix the issue.

FWIW-->Retrospect 7.0 is not capable of backing up ACL's on the Macintosh. I believe this will be a feature in an upcoming release.

edited for punctuation.

Archived