Restore Script Loses Source When Snapshot Changes...

rdb

I have backup scripts that run daily as they should (most of the time, but that's another thread)...

I have restore scripts that restore some of the files to a linux server over night for some server side processing. The restore scripts had been running just fine under version 6.5 (a couple years worth of fine), but under 7.0 the scripts lose the source snapshot when the Backup Set is updated and thus, error out without doing the restore (error -2247)...

Am I missing something in the setup of the Backup Sets, backup scripts or the restore scripts?

I don't want to hand massage the restore scripts every night...

Thanks,

Don

They are disk Backup Sets being restored to disk...

Yes, the snapshots appear in the Backup Set properties...

After the scripts fail, I open the script, select Source & the snapshots are there, just not selected...

Thanks,

Don

Hi

Does this affect all of your catalogs?

Have you tried using clean preference files in Retrospect?

This should be working in Retrospect 7. I'm wondering if this is caused by some corruption in catalog files or the Retrospect preferences.

Thanks

nate

The catalog files don't seem to be affected.

After the backup script runs, I can reselect the snapshot I want. After reselecting the snapshot, the script runs & all files are restored.

If the catalog file were damaged, would the snapshots show up? Also, would the script know what files to restore without a healthy catalog file?

Didn't know my preferences could get dirty...

I thought about the corrupted catalog file or back-up set and recreated one of my back-up sets from scratch. (I forgot the set & removed the catalog file from the catalog folder.) After recreating everything, still no joy with remembering the snapshot...

How do I clean my preferences?

Thanks for the suggestions...

I'll keep trying different things,

Don

Hi

I tried this here and had no problems. The snapshot was remembered even after multiple backups were run.

To start with clean preferences move or delete c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Retrospect\configxx.xxx files. When you launch Retrospect you will be prompted for your license code.

Thanks

nate

Thanks for the assistance on this. We own version 6.5 and I was evaluating 7.0 as a potential upgrade. I have reloaded 6.5, recreated everything from scratch and the restores remember the snapshots, even after a recycle...

I guess we'll stick with version 6.5...

To see if it is an anomaly or actually a bug, if you want some detail on how my Volumes, Backup Sets & Scripts were configured, email me direct & I'll pass it along...

Again, thanks for trying,

Don

I installed 7.0 on a different machine for testing...

Nothing from the 6.5 install was on the computer...

I hate to start over, again...

I removed 7.0, installed 6.5, recreated everything and all scripts restore files to my server as they should...

Is 7.5 available for download & testing?

Were you running 7.0 when your earlier post said you able to successfully restore, or have you been running 7.5 for this entire thread?

Thanks,

Don

Archived