Express HD Support for .net 2.0

Mayoff

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've installed Express HD that came with my Maxtor drive. Rebooted and Retrospect loaded. I then exited from the program and installed the update as the instructions said and I'm still receiving the same error displaying "Unlicensed" and I cannot enter the setup. I've tried deleting the preferences folder and installing it after I removed .net 2.0 with similar results. Any suggestions?

hi I also have same issue, "when I update to 1.1 ,I exited from the program and installed the update as the instructions said and I'm still receiving the same error displaying "Unlicensed" and I cannot enter the setup", could you send me the config file with the directions how to install them .

Many thanks, my email : dawei.fei (at) gmail.com

smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - When I update to 1.1 ,I exited from the program and installed the update as the instructions said and I'm still receiving the same error displaying "Unlicensed" and I cannot enter the setup or run a backup (I can see all my old restore points on the Maxtor OneTouch II. Could you send me the config file with directions for installation? Thanks for your help/

edgallas@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I also have the same problem as above, i.e., updated to 1.1 per se instructions given but still shows as unlicensed and cannot enter setup or run a backup. I also need the config file with instructions for installation.

jordanbello@gmail.com

Quote:

Hello - When I update to 1.1 ,I exited from the program and installed the update as the instructions said and I'm still receiving the same error displaying "Unlicensed" and I cannot enter the setup or run a backup (I can see all my old restore points on the Maxtor OneTouch II. Could you send me the config file with directions for installation? Thanks for your help/

Hi, same troubles... Could you help me please ? Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 maxtor One Touch II HD's (on different computers)

I upgraded to 1.1 and got the "unlicensed" error on both.

The first one, I followed all the suggestions and removed, re-installed everything...

it came back fine - but no recognition of any restore points at all (Windows XP OS)

The second one, I've reinstalled 3x and it is still "unlicensed" (that one is a windows 98 OS).

HELP!

Hello,

I have this same issue. I've updated to version 1.1 per the instructions but now get the "Unlicensed" message and cannot get the Setup button to function.

The backup files are visible from within Windows, and the Restore capability still works.

Could you send me the config file with the directions how to install them? Many thanks, my email is: jadickinson@swbell.net.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem.

Installed 1.0 after a disk failure/rebuild and used it to restore everything I needed, so I know it works. Then I installed 1.1 and I have the "unlicensed" problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything with the same result. I need to run .net 2.0, so staying at RE 1.0 isn't an option.

I guess I need the appropriate configuration files or some sort of workaround.

Quote:

If you follow these steps you don't need anyone to send you a config file (which we typically do not do).

This isn't always the case.

Express HD 1.0 works just fine for me. I used it to restore my system after a hard drive failure. When I upgrade to 1.1, it displays a message that it is unlicensed and refuses to work.

There seems to be some sort of problem with the upgrade process that affects a number of people, including me. No idea what it is, but it prevents me from using Express HD and .net 2.0.

I spent the better part of yesterday, installing, then upgrading, rebooting following the suggestions in the forum. I have also have uninstalled it and retried it several times. I did not have a problem with this in the past, but I lost my drive and my Quikbooks is backed up using EMC. If I did not have this hanging over my head, I would have given up by now.

I will try it one more time, but I have to admit my frustration level is pretty high at this point.

Archived