large files (> 700MB, 1GB+) -519 errors

leydon

Retrospect Single Server 7.0.326 running on Windows 2000 all current windows patches (Nov 05)

Client Retrospect 7.0.106 running XP Pro, all current windows patches as of Nov 05

I keep getting -519 errors on the D drive for the client. The C drive backs up just fine. Both are 250 GB Sata Drives. The D drive has just data files and some of them are large, i.e 750MB, 1.3GB etc. I'm guessing Retrospect is choking when it back's up a single large file?

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Both systems use 3Com 3C996B ethernet cards to a HP ProCurve 2824 Gig Switch. The Switch and both ethernet cards are set to use Jumbo frames all set at 9000

The problem is only with the D drive, the C drive backs up just fine. It does back up a few files on D but it ALWAYS eventually fails saying -519 Network Communication Failed.

Hi

Retrospect doesn't have any limits or problems with large files. I suspect something in the network driver.

If you copy a 1 GB file from the C drive does Retrospect also fail?

I would reinstall the network drivers and leave all settings at defaults.

Thanks

nate

We are having problems with directories over 500GB. The process times out while its building the list. We noticed that the log file limit is only 10MB so we have changed this to 50MB. Was this the right thing to do. Its still building at the moment. Anybody have any comments on backing up disk partitions that are > 1TB.

Much thanks

Annib

Retrospect on Apple Mac OSX.4 Backing up data from a Sun Storedge RAID array over a LAN.

I changed the client access from broadcast (piton protocol?) to direct access via the clients ip address and now it works fine. Does the piton protocol have some sort of heartbeat that may be timing out while Retrospect is shuttling huge files across the wire?

I seem to have much less problems with "client not found" errors when I have their access set to direct ip address instead of broadcast.

Is this a known issue?

Hi

>Does the piton protocol have some sort of heartbeat that may be timing out >while Retrospect is shuttling huge files across the wire?

Not that I am aware of.

You said "much less problems", do you mean the problem still occurs from time to time when connecting by direct IP?

Thanks

Nate

Archived