Duplicate using Selectors from 2 volumes?

seanbreilly

I would like to Duplicate a bunch of files from both my C: and D: drive to one destination.

The reason is that these are the most crucial files I own and I want them in safe place

as real files, to share with other PCs and archive them in non-propietary form - so no compressed backups. I'm duplicating files I know will be under 4 GB so I can put them on

a DVD.

I can do this with Selectors, but only from one Drive.

Am I required to make 2 scripts, both going to the same destination?

- Sean

Any way to get 2 scripts to run sucessively without having to guess your time window?

I basically want to do a scatter/gather from a bunch of drives to one destination (preferably a DVD-R, but I don't mind breaking it into steps). My PC (old) has become a Frankenstein

of lots of drives.

I know - picky, picky.... :^)

- Sean

Quote:

Any way to get 2 scripts to run sucessively without having to guess your time window?

You should be able to just schedule two scripts to run - Retro should handle getting one done before starting the next. [i've got three scripts running at essentially the same time - each are using the same sources but each has it's own backup set]

But, pretty sure you can't do a dup to a CD-R or DVD+/-R - only to hard drive/removeable disks. As long as you use either a file or a disk set [i.e., not dup], you can have both scripts add to the same backup set. But, if all you really want to do is to use the DVD/CD to contain all your backup data, you can set up a different backup set for each source. Retro is quite flexible this way.

Archived