Catalog sync problem?

Hi,

Using Retrospect 7 Multi-server. I make run-document script with "new member".

First time when I execute script, it asks where to create new-member. I make new

folder. Then it asks - "want I discard new empty member from backup-set".

If I click YES, then it asks to put new member again. I click NO and script perform

backup correctly into new member. Then backup-set contains two members - old member

was set to "skip" and new member without "skip". When I start second run of script, then

it displays error message that catalog-file is out of sync. But this is not true, there is probably some other problem. Also when after that I configure backup-set, then it dont allow me to

save new member at all, says that saving isnt possible.

Quote:

Hi

Create a new backup set then run a normal backup for the first time only. After that run new-member backups.

Just exactly that way I was performed.

Quote:

What backup device are you using?

HDD

Quote:

Are you using a new disk when you use the new member backup or are you trying to do a new member backup to the same disk? (you can't do the latter)

Trying to the same disk. So, this cant be do. Thanks.

Quote:

Are you sure you don't want a "normal" backup?

All that I want is to make backups into disk and after eatch that copy those backup files

into other place to make room.

Hi

Make room for what?

Retrospect handles all the incrementals for you automatically. You do not need to keep them seperate from the full backups. Retrospect also has a grooming feature that will delete data that is no longer needed for restore.

Thanks

Nate

Quote:

Hi

Make room for what?

Retrospect handles all the incrementals for you automatically. You do not need to keep them seperate from the full backups. Retrospect also has a grooming feature that will delete data that is no longer needed for restore.

Thanks

Nate

Yes, I know about grooming, but I simple want to hold backup-set in HDD that isnt permanently connected (for security) and this HDD resides in other machine, but Retrospect

dont have media-server and using windows-network is slow.

Archived