Retrospect not launching scheduled scripts

Yoann

Interesting. IME, opening & closing Retrospect has never solved the problem, nor does restarting the service, or, for that matter, restarting the computer. Those were all obvious things I tried before I learned about the service reinstall procedure.

The only workaround that's ever worked for me is reinstalling the service via the Retrospect Preferences dialog box. Opening Retrospect will start waiting backups running in the foreground if the Launcher is corrupted. But once Retrospect is closed, no further scheduled backups run until the Launcher is reinstalled.

It seems, then, that we have different problems exhibiting the same symptoms.

Opening Retrospect also starts waiting backups, but after closing it again, scheduled backups start running on schedule as before.

Are you running 6.0 Multiserver as well?

Odd. I'm not sure how, or if, our problems are related. Same behavior, but definitely not the same workaround. Still, sounds like the Launcher service is buggy in some way...

Then again, I don't believe Dantz releases patches to fix bugs in its software; they seem to just release a next version. So, if they do pinpoint a bug, I'm not sure it'll help my current situation in any way.

Hi

If we can pinpoint a bug we will definitely do something about it. Very often bugs can be fixed in driver updates so we release them that way.

Jeff V - it sounds like you have always had this problem. It really sounds like there is something unique about your setups that causes the launcher service to fail. Can you think of any special steps you always take when setting up your machines?

I've got about 10 different test machines and they all work and always have.

Thanks

Nate

Archived