Meesage in log when closing Retrospect

I just came across a new message in the Operations Log when Retrospect is closed. The message is:

TVxBlockRunTimeLinking: LockUnlockCd not available!

This machine runs Retrospect 7 Single Server. This just started happening. Searching the log I could not find other instances of the same message.

I also noticed the same message on another machine running Retrospect 7 Professional and later today I can check if this message comes up on my home machine which also runs Retrospect 7 Professional. The message on my home machine was not there a few days ago.

All 3 machines run version 7.0.249. The only change to one of the 3 machines was an update to Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.5.

What is the significance of this message? Since I had this message just come up on 2 out of 3 machines (and possibly the 3rd one too) I suspect that the problem is not with the machines.

Hi

This is extra logging that should be filtered out by Retrospect. It should not be showing in the log. Sometimes unexpected system messages will make it into the log when they shouldn't.

I suspect there is something in common on your machines that this is happening in more than one location. What burning programs do you have installed? If you temporarily uninstall them do the errors go away?

Thanks

Nate

Nate,

I am getting the same error on our server, just started happening in the last week or so, and it only has a CD ROM drive in it - no burner!

It is, however, backup up workstations that do have burners in them.

Could it be something to do with the workstations?

Brad

The first machine (home - Win XP Pro SP-2, Retro Professional) has Easy Media Creator 7. Retrospect backs up to an ATAPI REV Drive. Nothing changed in the setup of this machine's hardware or software at the time this message started to show up in the log other than the Adobe 7 update to v7.0.5.

The second machine (work - Win XP Pro SP-2, Retro Professional) has the latest Nero OEM 6.6. Retrospect backs up to an ATAPI Exabyte (Ecrix) VXA1 tape drive. Nothing changed in the setup of this machine's hardware or software at the time this message started to show up in the log other than the Adobe 7 update to v7.0.5.

The third machine (work - Win 2000 Advanced Server SP-4, Retro Single Server with Open File Backup) has no burning software installed. Retrospect Backs up to an internal SCSI Sony DDS-4 drive. Nothing changed in the setup of this machine's hardware or software at the time this message started to show up in the log. No Adobe 7.0.5 update on this machine.

I will try to ask a couple of other people I think run Retrospect 7 to check their logs.

I could but not right away. My boss feels that I spent enough time already on Retrospect between this issue and an Error 1017 (unrelated issue) that I got this morning. Maybe early next week. All machines are already using RDU 7.08. Some of the machines started getting this message while still using RDU 7.07.

It is still strange that different machines started producing this message within days of each other without any hardware or software changes that might cause it.

Update:

First I have to make a correction. Even though the message text seems to be attached to the group of log entries generated when Retrospect shuts down, the message is added to the Operations Log at start time:

+ Retrospect version 7.0.326

Launched at 10/24/2005 09:09 AM

+ Retrospect Update, version 7.0.8.103

Exit at 10/24/2005 09:13 AM

Launched at 10/24/2005 09:20 AM

As one can see from the log I updated the Retrospect installation to v7.0.346. The update rolled RDU.RPX back to v7.0.6.108. I restarted Retrospect several times and the TVxBlockRunTimeLinking: LockUnlockCd not available! message was not added to the Operations Log. As soon as I installed RDU.RPX v7.0.8.103 the TVxBlockRunTimeLinking: LockUnlockCd not available! message appeared in the Operations Log again.

I have also been getting these error messages. As above, they appear after Retrospect is closed.

I am running a Win2K3 server with Retrospect 7 Single Server. It did have Easy CD creator Basic 5 installed but I just uninstalled it.

I still get the error message.

Retrospect Version 7.0.326

Retrospect Update, version 7.0.8.103

Hi Guys,

As shown below I too experienced this mysterious error, but its now gone ...

Launched at 31/10/2005 8:56 PM in user account ialchemy\administrator

Exit at 31/10/2005 10:02 PM

Automatically launched at 1/11/2005 2:00 AM in user account ialchemy\administrator

+ Normal backup using Proactive at 1/11/2005 2:00 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Backup Set Windows SBS [001]...

- 1/11/2005 2:00:44 AM: Copying Local Disk (C:)

1/11/2005 2:21:10 AM: Snapshot stored, 206.1 MB

1/11/2005 2:22:35 AM: Comparing Local Disk (C:)

1/11/2005 2:39:08 AM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 6538 files, 3.9 GB

Performance: 258.1 MB/minute (267.7 copy, 249.1 compare)

Duration: 00:38:18 (00:07:35 idle/loading/preparing)

Exit at 1/11/2005 9:09 AM

Launched at 1/11/2005 9:20 AM in user account ialchemy\administrator

Exit at 1/11/2005 9:22 AM

The host is a HP Proliant ML110 running Server 2003 configured with a CDROM and VXA Tape ... all was well. Recently I upgraded a HP DC7600 workstation from a Combo drive to a DL DVD burner and decided to put the combo drive into the server. I didn't plan to burn CDs with Retrospect but felt it might be useful none the less. The combo drive is a TSSTcorp TS-H492A and came bundled with Retrospect 7.0 Express. Interestingly Retrospect 7.0 Multi-Server refuses to support it out of the box which means I'll have to configure it myself. I didn't try Retrospect 7.0 Express with it.

Anyway, I had installed Roxio DigitalMedia Plus v7.2 and that seems to coincide with the error message appearing. I've subsequently removed the Roxio software and reinstalled it minus the Audio and DVD components as all I need is the ability to burn data and image CDs and now the error message is no longer appearing.

Archived