Can't see client

tortured

No third party firewall. XP Pro SP2 firewall port open. HP/Compaq current model which has had Windows completely reinstalled solely for this purpose, because repeated client uninstall/reinstall hasn't worked. Four other XP clients on same network OK. Have controlled for wiring, hub etc. by changing patch cables and even moving client next to sever and using crossover. Controlled for backup host problem by installing host software on another machine on another platform (actual host is Mac, host testbed was XP). We're stuck using Windows folder connection for this one client, which presents additional problems. We have dozens of this model PC in service running Retro CPL at various sites. At the point where a Windows reinstall fails to fix the problem, need real help.

thx

Hi

What does the client control panel say on the client side? Do you have another NIC that you could drop into this machine and try to connect?

Are there multiple NICS on the machine already? If so, try disabling one interface and see if you can connect.

Thanks

Nate

I am having the same trouble as well. I can move data between my 2 computers as well via Windows Explores. So my connections are ok.

Below is what I did in order.

Backup

Destination

Disk

Backup Set C and External Mactor is selected

Next agian

Next again No encryption

Ask for New Disk

Next

Finish

Then I select "source"

My Network

Go to my network

Found Laptop.

It ask for a password so I temp took it off the Laptop and still does not work.

Does anyone have advice?

Thanks

JS

Archived