"Client Desktop" includes CDs

With Retrospect 5 on Mac OS X, both CDs and mounted disk images are being included in my client backups. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, is there a workaround for now other than using "Selected Volumes" in the client configuration dialog?

Details:

I am using "Client Desktop" in the client configuration dialog. In older versions of Retrospect the Client Desktop excluded CDs, and Page 88 of the current Retrospect User's Guide suggests this is still the intended behaviour:

Client Desktop resolves to all volumes local to the client computer,

except for floppy disks, shared volumes (such as file servers),

read-only volumes (such as CD-ROMS), and empty volumes.

It is on Mac OS X clients that I have noticed the issue. Retrospect Server 5.0.205, Retrospect client 5.0.528, Mac OS X 10.1.4 on client and server. The clients include a Blue&White G3 and a 800 MHz G4. I haven't surveyed other client computers or operating systems yet.

In reply to:

With Retrospect 5 on Mac OS X, both CDs and mounted disk images are being included in my client backups. Is anyone else having this problem

Wierd. It seems that only HFS+ Cd's are mis-identified this way; HFS Standard CD's are ignored in backups.

I don't know how mounted images are supposed to be handled, although I'd prefer to have them ignored too.

Dave

Archived