Assertion Failure at "elem.cpp-55"

We are running Retrospect 6.5.350 on a Windows 2000 server machine. This is a multi-server license. We also have Open File Backup, Advanced Tape Support and Exchange Server Agent. The Exchange Server box is running the client software.

When adding the Exchange Server box to the backup set, I go to the Exchange Server container, click properties, volume, enter the password for connecting, and it asks me if I want to use the available Exchange Server license for this server. When I say yes, it asks me to enter the domain, user name and password info. At that point, Retrospect crashes every time and says, Assertion Failure at "elem.cpp-55" and the program closes.

Upon opening Retrospect again, the system shows the Exchange Server volume, but as "unlicensed." And when I go to the License Manager, it tells me "0 of 1 license" is used.

Any ideas? Thanks.

When all else fails, read the book. I ascertained that whomever installed and configured this originally did not follow the instructions for setting up Agent for Exchange on page 269ff. So I followed that to the letter, and finally the license was applied.

Thanks for your help!

Archived