Error 530 client not found

dnamroud

I am running Retrospect 6.0 on Windows 2000 to backup multiple clients : windows XP, windows 2000, Mac OS.

Recently i found that Retropsect is not able to backup one of my client (windows XP).

While looking into multicast windows, I can see my cleint (in a light color), trying to add this cleint I am always getting error 530, client not found.

however I installed many time the client on my XP and the staus is always: wainting for the first access.

I made sure to open port 497 (TCP, UDP) on my XP SP2

I tried to add the client using it s IP, but failed...

However I can ping client and server from both side. and my client is able to connect to my server (windows 2000) using ICA client..

Any solution or suggestion

Thank you in advance

Dany

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your reply, port 497, is already opend on the windows firewall as described on this link:

http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=1109&p=2

However I am not sure there is any third party firewall on this PC... But I will check it and make I will make sure to open this port in case there is any other firewall installed...

But how can i make sure that this is related to firewall issue blocking access on port 497?

Thank you

Dany

To find if a firewall or something is blocking access to your client PC, try to do a telnet to the client PC on port 497:

1.- Open DOS windows (Either CMD or COMMAND on the Start->Run dialog, then click on OK)

2.- A DOS window should open. At the command prompt (Usually C:>) Type

telnet Client-IP 497 (For example, telnet 10.110.1.31 497) and hit Enter or OK

3.- If the communication is open (no firewalls, etc) the screen should go blank (all black, no text on screen)

4.- After hiting the Enter key a few times, the prompt should return. This means communication is OK, no firewalls are blocking access to that PC.

5.- If after executing the telnet you get a message like: "Connecting To 10.110.1.31...Could not open connection to the host, on port 497: Connect failed" then you're not accessing the PC on that particular port (497). Something is blocking access.

Hope this helps

Saludos

Thank you for your help..

You are right there is something blocking port 497. As what i said in my previous post, the only firewall available is Windows firewall and I opened this port. ( for TCP and UDP).

I tried many times to disable the firewall but no success...

how do i know wich program is blocking this port

Thank you

Dany

Archived