'Deleting Restore Points' does not seem to work properly

kimjordan

I am a new user of Maxtor Touch ll with the Dantz Express HD software. To familiarize myself with the backing up process, I had made several backups during the first 2 days. [in all cases, I backup up 'My Computer', so each backup generated 3 restore points, as my external drive is partitioned into 2 drives.] Although these backups took up only a very small portion of the external drive space,[My computer only had 14GB used of 60GB], I did not want all those restore points showing.

I followed the instructions: I clicked 'restore'. Then I clicked on a restore point, and clicked the delete icon on the toolbar. The 3 icons on the toolbar, as well as the other buttons in the window, except the 'cancel' were greyed out. Then nothing happened for 2-1/2 hours!!! No notices,--nothing.It just seemed to hang. The Express icon in the system tray showed no movement.

Finally, I clicked the 'cancel' button.

Then things began to happen! I got a window 'reclaiming disk space', and it showed 1 less restore point than previously. Furthermore, the icon in the system tray had some movement in it. A few minutes later I was returned to the 'restore points' window, and that restore point no longer showed.

I followed the same proceedure with 10 other restore points;all were successful ONLY after I clicked the 'cancel' button!

Is this a bug in the software? Or, am I doing something wrong?

kimjordan

Archived