client server reboots.

We are using Retrospect 7.0.107 client on a Windows 2003 Server. Backing up with Retrospect Multiserver 7.0.265 with update version 7.0.3.101. When I try to backup this server everything is fine, unless I choose to backup system state, server security information, or workstation security information. Most of the time when I choose any of these options, in between the backup and compare the client server completely reboots on it's own. I have had once or twice in trying this that the server completely locked up requiring either a Power off, or a reset switch. However most of the time it has just rebooted on it's own. It is a Single purpose server running MySQL. The data store on it is not particularly large at this time, under 2GB. I am trying to create a good backup of the server, I get the data every day with no problems. However I can not make a complete backup of the server. I have a similar server in hardware, as a matter of fact the two are exactly alike. The second server has no problems with any option on the backup. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the MySQL installation? Since this is a production server my testing time is limited, usually to Sunday Mornings. However so far I have found nothing that seems to help the problem. I have tried to do the backups with the MySQL service turned off and that was no help. I have turned off the AntiVirus protection and that was no help.

I would appreciate any suggestions I could get, but remember I probably will not be able to test them until Sunday morning.

Thanks.

Archived