Backing up One Computer in Two Different Scripts

I am using Retrospect 6.5.136. I have a client that I have setup with a Proactive backup. The Proactive backup is set to backup four selected volumes. This is working fine.

Now I want to setup the client in second separate daily backup that only backups one of it’s volume.

How can I setup the second backup? I can create the script to run the daily backup, except when I select the client it still wants to backup all four volumes. If I only select the one volume in the client then it will only backup the one volume in the Proactive backup. Retrospect won’t let me create a separate client for the workstation.

I must be doing my backup different. I setup each workstation as a Retrospect client. In the Client properties, I go into the Volumes tab and change the “client sources” to selected volumes. Then I select the volumes I want backed up.

My problem is I want to use one client in two different backup scripts. The first backup is a Proactive that I want to select four volumes in the client’s Volumes tab’s client sources. The second backup I want to backup only one volume in the client’s Volumes tab client sources.

Hi,

It sounds like you are selecting the client machine as the source for your scripts. That will backup all the volumes that you have selected in the "client sources".

When adding sources to your backup script, you can click on the "+" sign next to the client to expand and see all the volumes for that machine.

Then you can just highlight the drive you want to backup.

Archived