recreate/repair backup set members

blush.gif ok here i am again!

first, thanks for responding to my other posts and questions.

I was able to start disaster recovery by doing an incremental to finish my first backup set.

however, when disaster recovery was asking me to insert members of the set there was an error on disk 9. Since, there was no option there to repair or replace 9, I went back to try and verify that disk and others. I then recieved errors on #8 and #9 and the last member #10.

I went into, tools - repair to try and fix the disks that showed bad. i selected "repair file backup set" and selected the "backup set.rbc" catalog and get a message saying "cant use a valid non-file backup set to recreate"

I am not sure how or if I can just re-write the backup members that did not verify or had errors.

Maybe it would be better if I ran an entire new "Easy script" and write over the complete volume i just created.

Is there any way to get more than about 650 mb of data on the 700 mb CD R/W?

I am sure this is a great program and really like idea of just doing the incremental backup.

I am looking forward to learning how to make this all work for me and hope the disaster recovery setup will be the way to go when i have to replace this noisy drive.

After i get all this worked out and need to install a new drive, what software or data should i need.

Will in need to format or re-install Windows Operating system first and then just use the disaster recovery set or will i need a seperate copy of Retrospect to install before i can use the disaster recovery. Will i also need a way to install CD reader software first. I suppose all this may be more apparent to me once i get everything going "by the book"

In reply to:

+ Executing Verify at 1/8/2002 9:27 AM

To backup set Backup Set A 1-7...

Reported missing by user: "1-Backup Set A 1-7"

Reported missing by user: "2-Backup Set A 1-7"

Trouble reading: "3-Backup Set A 1-7" (985), error -100 (device rejected command)

9,506 files were not verified

1/8/2002 9:30:38 AM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 27704 files, 3.9 GB

Completed: 1317 files, 1.6 GB

Performance: 488.9 MB/minute

Duration: 00:03:22 (00:00:14 idle/loading/preparing)

this is the type of messages i get on my attempt to verify the members, i am able to restart

the verify and the same member will show the error again.

these were all new Memorex 700 mb CD R/W and the drive is only 3 months old, it is a NEC NR-7700A and has not been used much for burning CD's

what do yoy think?

once again thanks for your responce

Archived