Need "Initialize Elements" script option

This is an add-on to my last suggestion in an effort to keep operator hands out of Retrospect. The scenario is: my operators swap out tapes for me on Saturday, but now they have to go into Retrospect and unload tapes, physically swap the tapes, then go into Retrospect again and initialize elements. I would like to be able to script an "Initialize Elements" function or be able to have "Initialize Elements" as a checkbox on a script or better yet in the schedule of a script, so that "Initialize Elements" would run prior to the actual backup job.

Thanks

So, Retrospect will automatically tell the library to scan bar codes after we put the new tapes in? I didn't see that happen. Does it rescan barcodes immeditately after putting in tapes or right before the next job? I'm going to have to change tapes today before I leave to see this in action.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem: each time I replace a tape with a new one for archiving Retrospect (7.5) shows the new one as "unknown" and doesn´t give a name until archiving script runs and the tape is needed at the end of the week (my autoloader doesn´t support barcode reader). Is there any way to "force" a periodic Initialitation of the elements so the contents are updated?

Thanks

Archived