Retrospect 7 for Windows Released

Mayoff

Looking for some information on proper upgrade procedures for Retrospect 7.

According to my "about Retrospect", I'm currently running the following version(s):

Single Server 7.0.249

Retrospect Update, version 7.0.10.101

I just applied the latest RDU update found on the Dantz website which upgraded my drivers to 7.0.10.101, but I'm confused about the main application version number. Apparently, the latest core application version is 7.0.326, but I can't seem to find an updater. Does copying the latest driver (RDU) file accomplish the same effect? Or must I uninstall Retrospect and run the new installer application found in the upgrade section?

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks Nate, but I'm still missing one vital piece of information... If I already have an installation (i.e. 7.0.249), how do I upgrade the core application to 7.0.326?

There's a 38.6MB file named "retrospect-en-7.0.326.exe", but that appears to be full installer. Do I need to uninstall Retrospect 7.0.249 before I run this installer, or is it okay to run it on top of my current installation?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to using Retrospect 7 and can't find the answers to 2 questions:

1. How do I delete old Backup Sets that I do not want anymore?

2. In setting up for a Duplicate and I select a destination, a windows comes up "Really duplicate to xxxxxxx replacing all contents?" Will this delete other Backup Sets on the same HD?

dpfonts

Hi

If you want to reuse a backup set you can set the "recycle backup" option in your backups. If you want to delete it you can just delete it from your disk.

Duplicate will make the source and the destination match exactly. That means it will wipe out anything on the destination as required. So yes, it will delete your backups.

I suggest duplicating to a folder rather than to the root of the drive.

Thanks

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Archived