Upgrade to Version 4.1

My recently purchased copy of 5.1 doesn't support the HP Surestore 12000e multi-tape unit I picked up for a song. Since my Mac "sees" the drive fine, and the device environment shows the drive, but doesn't recognize it as a tape drive, I fell back on a post I researched that said support for tape libraries was dropped in the move from 5.0 to 5.1.

I have an old version of 4.0 from years ago I found in my files, but it won't work with my OS 9.2.2 system. When I tried to find an upgrade to 4.1, it apparently has been removed from the Dantz site.

Does anyone know where I can download this updater and see if it solves my problem? I'd even be willing to purchase the updater on a disk if I know where to order it....

Thanks!

zack

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I gave up on waiting for an answer to this post, so I found a NOS copy of 4.1 and 5.0 on Ebay and am currently waiting for them to arrive in the post-Christmas mail. I'll post a note about whether one of these two versions works with the multi-loader after I test it, so anyone else with the same problem will know what to do....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, Nate. I did discover through searching this and other forums that Workgroup is required, to run a tape library device, but as a independent designer (i.e., one-person freelance shop), I am unwilling to pay the $300+ price for the software.

However, I did manage to find a copy of version 5.0 on Ebay which works just fine with my autoloader. So I'll stick with that and not plan on ever upgrading Retrospect. I'll sell my current copy of 5.1 and recoup my software investment handily.

Archived