wrong HD size

micha33

but it's not only the display. retrospect wont continue to backup and will ask me for a new member or location although I have 20-30 gig of free space! the amount my daily backup is about 200MB so I have enough.

I do not understand why retro doesn't "see" the amount of free space like windows or any other crapy software.

Mic

Quote:

but it's not only the display. retrospect wont continue to backup and will ask me for a new member or location although I have 20-30 gig of free space! the amount my daily backup is about 200MB so I have enough.

I do not understand why retro doesn't "see" the amount of free space like windows or any other crapy software.

Mic

I stated this before, but I'll repeat here.

Have you checked the properties of the backup set?

you must tell retrospect how much of the disk drive to use.

yes i did check the properties. and if I say use 20G when I have about 25G left, retrospect shows ZERO space left.

to work around it I specified 90% and it showed like 60G free space when again I have only 25G left...

I really do not understand how RP calculates HD space. but now I have a deferent problem that I posted on another thread.

when RP couldn't find space on the HD it added a new member to the backup set. after i fixed the first member disk space I was left with member number 2 which can not delete and which causes many problems each day.

this morning RP started automatically and hanged (I neede to shot down the computer manualy). RP showed about 4 windows saying that there is another instance of the same set running...when I tried to quit, RP hanged. so now what. do I need to rebuild a backup set?

thanks

Mic

Archived