client not found

bcuilla

Hello all:

I too am having issues with wireless clients. latest version of OSX, static IP and all the other suggestions have not helped. This is not a Airport wirless, but SMC WAP with a G3 PB and Wavelan card. ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS WORK JUST FINE ON WIRELESS. If I connect directly Retro Backup sees the clinet.

An earleir post suggested using add by IP. I tried and was told i needed a more powerful version of Retrospect. WOW the version I upgraded form had that feature. Hey Dantz, upgrade and lose features? Whats with that

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

If you can connect directly but you cannot access the client through Multicast, then the network connection between the client and server is not passing UDP packets correctly. This can be prevented by network hardware (routers and hubs), by a firewall, or other factors.

The Desktop version does not have advanced networking capabilites because it is designed to back up a local computer; network backup is an add-on. The Workgroup version does have the ability to add by address.

• 7 months later...

You can find it at Configure > Clients > Network > Add by Address in the Macintosh version.

If you are using Windows, this functionality was not available in the Workgroup edition for 5.6 and earlier. It was added to the Single Server (previously Workgroup) edition for Retrospect 6.0 for Windows.

Archived