Backup report and elapsed days

Hi.

I am unable to use the "Backup report" the way I used to in Retrospect Mac 5. There all the clients were listed with the number of elapsed days since the last backup.

Now, with Retrospect Windows multi-server 6.5.350, the column for elapsed days is empty. OK, there are two or three clients listed. Why not ALL?

I use the "Performance data format", all types, all backups. What am I missing?

Did you ever get a reply from anyone? We have the same problem - except that the column is completely blank - and that is the reason why I registered here in the first place. Not much of info here, though.

It is "interesting" to see how a documented feature just stops working and that nobody seems to care... frown.gif

This morning I could see the elapsed days and errors from the backup this weekend. As soon as the proactive backup started at 10 a.m. the list was empty. After each proactive client was backed up, they showed in the report one by one.

How can I get the report to NOT clear when a new backup starts?

Hi

The backup report pulls its information from the Retrospect configuration file. When that file is in use it may be locking portions of the information making it impossible to see all the info while Retrospect is running. This is what I assume is happening but I'm not sure...

After proactive backup stops do the elapsed days show up properly?

Thanks

nate

Hi.

Toggling the display features did not have any effect. I changed all of them, clicked OK, then changed them back, clicked OK. No change.

It seems as performing a "New Media Backup" clears the report, at least for those clients who were backed up to that backup set. We do a New Media Backup every Friday and the only client that has any data is a "forgotten" client, no longer available. The report says it was 23 days since the last backup. All other client's data is completely empty.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that stopping the Proactive backup has no effect.

Regards

Lennart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm not 100% sure but I think this may be by design. The premise is that in removes clutter from the report. It does the same thing on my machine.

I know the same thing will happen if you transfer a backup set to another one and then recycle the original source set.

Hope that helps

Nate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived