Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'move'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements, News and Resources
    • Latest News
  • Windows Products-Retrospect
    • Professional
    • Server, SBS and Multi Server
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Windows
    • Exchange Server Add-On Support
    • SQL Server Agent
    • Linux, Unix and Netware Clients
    • Express for Windows
    • Product Suggestions-Windows
  • Mac OS X Products-Retrospect
    • Retrospect 9 or higher for Macintosh
    • Retrospect 8 For Macintosh
    • Retrospect 6: Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Mac OS X
    • Linux Clients
    • Product Suggestions-Mac OS X
  • Macintosh OS 9 and Earlier-Retrospect
    • Express, Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Pre-OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility Pre OS X
  • General Discussion-Retrospect
    • Networking and Clients
    • Strategy, Scripts and General Use
    • Retrospect iPhone App
  • Retrospect 8.x for Mac
  • Retrospect 6.1 for Mac
  • Retrospect 7.7 for Windows
  • Retrospect 7.6 for Windows
  • Retrospect Express
  • General Discussion

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I don't see anything in the forum about this, but it appears to me to be a serious bug. I cannot seem to "move" a disk media set. I have - many times in the past - moved a disk media set from one disk to another. Manually changing the path name in the "member" and/or rebuilding the catalog would restore the "moved" set to be usable. In Retro 14.6.1 (mac) _and_ Retro 12.6.1 (Windows) I am having the same problem. If the files of a disk media set are copied from one disk to another, it is not possible to "restore" it to health. It seems quite impossible. I've tried several permutations of repair, rebuild, manual manipulation of the path(s), and even removing the catalog before rebuild. The best I can do is get it to show "green" in the console and then when I try to use it, the execution gets stuck on "waiting for media". If I try to "find" the media (member(s)), it either ignores me (Mac) or fails with an error (Windows). Has anyone else seen this? I'm guessing it is a new bug in a recent upgrade, because this used to work. No, I have not tried to re-install an old version to see if that would work.
  2. I have noticed that the "disk" media sets have the full path of the members embedded somewhere, and if the data is moved, it is no longer accessible to retro 9.0.1. I did some experiments this morning with a small disk media set, backing up some data to it, then moving it, removing it from the media set list, and doing a "locate". Retro can find the catalog, and seems happy, until I try to restore from the media set. When I do, Retro wants its "member". I have tried all the combinations I can think of to sweet talk Retro into finding the slightly moved members, and I have been unable to get it to work. It appears that once any portion of the path to the data member has changed, Retro is unable to access it. Either some way should be provided to "find" these members, or Retro should warn you not to move them.
×