Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'mojave'.
Found 4 results
fredturner posted a topic in Retrospect 9 or higher for MacintoshHey Everyone— I've recently moved most of the stations at one of my larger installations to macOS 10.14 Mojave. I started seeing the alerts in the logs about the Retro client not having full disk access, of course. Is there a suggestion or recommendation for a way to automate setting this on the stations? I use Apple Remote Desktop to manage machines, so is there a defaults command that any of you have already used to get this working? I really don't want to have to manually hit every single station to configure this. Thanks, Fred
Web page seems wrong KB page describing full disk accesses in Mojave 10.14 . States that the app (note that apps only are allowed). The article states, "Client: Please add /Library/PreferencePanes/Retrospect Client." The screenshot has others shown... What's the right story and where do we find the described file(s)? Hint: not where it's stated or shown! Oh, by the way how to install Instant Scan?
henry-in-florida posted a topic in Retrospect 9 or higher for MacintoshI've been interested in new ways you may have found to use Retro 16 to fully restore a machine after an OS (bare metal) Erase and Install of the Mojave OS. Anybody have a proven step-by-step after such an OS upgrade using Retrospect 16 instead of Time Machine, for example to migrate data, users, settings? Alternatively, in a bare metal install recreating the user manually how about to migrate the users information (data files/folders) if all the user setting are in place. Maybe discuss here the pros and cons of each?
henry-in-florida posted a topic in Retrospect 9 or higher for MacintoshFound that when I changed the name of the source drive, even if the sources are refreshed to recognize those new source names, subsequent backups seem to revert the sources to what they were and then the backups fail because that device no longer exists. My workaround was to refresh the source list and then immediately run a script using those devices. Somehow that seems to work... For now. Here's the step by step in case you want to reproduce: Change the source name ( in my case I'd reformatted the source drive in APFS and renamed it) of a device in the Retrospect Multi-Server backup plan. Go to Retrospect and refresh the source computer to register the names of the drives. Wait 24 hours. Run the backup script with the sources. The source names revert over time (and running other automated backups) to the old names ALL BY ITSELF, those new source names previously existing in the dropdown list disappear, the old names replace them and any backup scripts using the old drive source names obviously will continue to fail, lacking manual intervention. After the workaround above- reset the source list by refreshing sources (Sources>select the source machine>Refresh) and immediately perform a backup. N.B., two anomalies reading through the log. The log shows "First Access" for the device "GenieMBP", even though previous backups of the device WERE COMPLETED previously that same day. Guess it means first access of those SOURCE DRIVES? The script also changed the source drive to something that existed ALL BY ITSELF during previous backups (Macintosh HD) prior to failing on the missing drives. For some reason signatures are no longer available/presented (where I had my User equipment, versions, backup device info, etc.) So, I'll try to include on every post until that feature of the forum is restored or found again. Retro Desktop Multi-Server 15.6.1 Host (Engine) CPU: Mac Mini, 2GHz Core2 Duo, 16GB RAM, 500GB internal SSD (APFS), OS X 10.14.3 Host Backup Media: 8x External SATA III via Thunderbolt, 2x via FW->USB, USB3.0 500GB SSD Standalone Drive Router (1000BT wired and 802.11n/b/g wireless) Retro Client: Retro 15.6.1 (all) 3 Intel Clients (iMac, MBP), CPUs running OS X 10.14.3 H Retrospect log_190219.rtf