Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mac clients'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements, News and Resources
    • Latest News
  • Windows Products-Retrospect
    • Professional
    • Server, SBS and Multi Server
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Windows
    • Exchange Server Add-On Support
    • SQL Server Agent
    • Linux, Unix and Netware Clients
    • Express for Windows
    • Product Suggestions-Windows
  • Mac OS X Products-Retrospect
    • Retrospect 9 or higher for Macintosh
    • Retrospect 8 For Macintosh
    • Retrospect 6: Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Mac OS X
    • Linux Clients
    • Product Suggestions-Mac OS X
  • Macintosh OS 9 and Earlier-Retrospect
    • Express, Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Pre-OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility Pre OS X
  • General Discussion-Retrospect
    • Networking and Clients
    • Strategy, Scripts and General Use
    • Retrospect iPhone App
  • Retrospect 8.x for Mac
  • Retrospect 6.1 for Mac
  • Retrospect 7.7 for Windows
  • Retrospect 7.6 for Windows
  • Retrospect Express
  • General Discussion

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. We have Retrospect 9.5.3 running on a Windows server with an 8TB RAID array for the backup set, and 11.5 Mac clients. Recently the backup set became full up, so we're looking at ways to remove old backups to free up space. We've tried the process described here: http://www.retrospect.com/uk/support/kb/disk-backup-set-grooming-with-retrospect_7 However this does not seem to have had any effect? It seems to be doing something - the status updates variously to "Matching Backup Set" or "Analysing Catalog File" but no space is being freed up. The server is running Windows Server 2012 R2, with a Xeon E3-1220v3 3.1GHz CPU and 16GB RAM. Can anyone suggest what we need to do differently? Thanks, Dan Jackson (Lead ITServices Technician) Long Road Sixth Form College Cambridge, UK.
  2. Hi All, I've had pretty good success with Retro until recently doing backups but have noticed this error creeping in. After a recent (yesterday) mass upgrade to a bunch of (iMac, MBP, Mac Pro) clients, I noticed a failure of the clients to run their previously working respective scripts. Here is the typical error (same error code on each one!): + Normal backup using Daily iMac at 7/6/2014 (Activity Thread 1) To Backup Set iMac Backup... Can't access volume Macintosh HD on Jane's iMac, error -530 ( backup client not found) 7/6/2014 22:31:36 : Execution incomplete The clients are all Retro version 11.0.0.191 My workaround was to refresh every one of the clients and begin the backups again. Seems to me that since the clients CPU's run continuously, they were showing up on the source pages as active and were discoverable that this should not happen. So I consider this a bug. Please let me know if anyone has the issue and if there are any fixes for it. Have a look at the rest of my system details in the signature line below. If I can help provide any other information to squash this bug, please advise. Regards, Henry
×