Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'corruption'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements, News and Resources
    • Latest News
  • Windows Products-Retrospect
    • Professional
    • Server, SBS and Multi Server
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Windows
    • Exchange Server Add-On Support
    • SQL Server Agent
    • Linux, Unix and Netware Clients
    • Express for Windows
    • Product Suggestions-Windows
  • Mac OS X Products-Retrospect
    • Retrospect 9 or higher for Macintosh
    • Retrospect 8 For Macintosh
    • Retrospect 6: Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Mac OS X
    • Linux Clients
    • Product Suggestions-Mac OS X
  • Macintosh OS 9 and Earlier-Retrospect
    • Express, Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Pre-OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility Pre OS X
  • General Discussion-Retrospect
    • Networking and Clients
    • Strategy, Scripts and General Use
    • Retrospect iPhone App
  • Retrospect 8.x for Mac
  • Retrospect 6.1 for Mac
  • Retrospect 7.7 for Windows
  • Retrospect 7.6 for Windows
  • Retrospect Express
  • General Discussion

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. 2927aa2c-bcad-4982-b785-6b9ccc007482

    Retrospect configuration gets corrupted too easily

    This is not a duplicate topic. I created a post here: http://forums.retrospect.com/index.php?/topic/150552-retrospect-configuration-gets-corrupted-too-easily/ with a solution for other users. This post is just for the bug report. The Config80.dat file is too fragile and does not survive forced power downs on the backup server. The current method of saving the configuration should be replaced with something that is more robust. The configuration file is also large - it's 80MB in my case - which suggests that maybe its design should be refactored or else the content split up into separate files so that the basic server configuration is less likely to get corrupted.
  2. I have roughly 25 scripts that I use to automagically do the backups, and rotate the backups at the beginning/end of each month. I use proactive, regular "backup" scripts, and dataset copy scripts. Today, I was checking on things, and noted that 3 of the scripts were marked with a red X. One had lost its source media set, and two had lost their destination sets (and their schedules, too) I'm quite sure that I did not make these changes. The proactive backup script that was damaged is supposed to run a backup every day. It had not un its backup since the 15th of November. This configuration has been running happily for many weeks. I fixed it, but it is disturbing that the config can silently and spontaneously change.
×