Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Retrospect Multi-Server'.
Found 1 result
henry-in-florida posted a topic in Retrospect bug reportsI have gotten several strange errors in my log even though most client backups seem to proceed normally. I did have one client come up as reserved (error -505) which is what started me looking for problems. I fixed that by forgetting the source, reinstalling the Client software, and re-adding the Client (First Use). Thereafter the backup scripts proceeded normally. However when I went into the log to see why the client hadn't been backing up for two days, I found this...See attached log snippet. Can someone explain these errors and if they have something to do with the above issue or another affecting operation of the backup. I have not seen the line before, IFaceIPUpdate: gethostbyname error 1, (Authoritative Answer Host not found), hostname = ML-server.private Note that the hostname does seem correct and Retro Server runs scripts using the hostname (possibly by address, since that also is correct). No names have been changed for any reason, ever. You will note that these errors seem to appear in clusters around the dates I started having trouble (6/23/2015) with a client and not before. So far I have reinstalled/restarted that one client. The Server side was restarted by automatic script last Sunday (6/21/2015) on it's normal schedule with no untoward events. My signature line below indicates the current software and configuration information on this system. I am reporting this as a bug, really it's a mystery. If you all have seen it before and have troubleshooting advice, please let me know. This is the issue I have experienced since upgrading to the latest release. Retro Log_150625.rtf