Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Client errors'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements, News and Resources
    • Latest News
  • Windows Products-Retrospect
    • Professional
    • Server, SBS and Multi Server
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Windows
    • Exchange Server Add-On Support
    • SQL Server Agent
    • Linux, Unix and Netware Clients
    • Express for Windows
    • Product Suggestions-Windows
  • Mac OS X Products-Retrospect
    • Retrospect 9 or higher for Macintosh
    • Retrospect 8 For Macintosh
    • Retrospect 6: Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility-Mac OS X
    • Linux Clients
    • Product Suggestions-Mac OS X
  • Macintosh OS 9 and Earlier-Retrospect
    • Express, Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Pre-OS X
    • Device and Hardware Compatibility Pre OS X
  • General Discussion-Retrospect
    • Networking and Clients
    • Strategy, Scripts and General Use
    • Retrospect iPhone App
  • Retrospect 8.x for Mac
  • Retrospect 6.1 for Mac
  • Retrospect 7.7 for Windows
  • Retrospect 7.6 for Windows
  • Retrospect Express
  • General Discussion

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I have gotten several strange errors in my log even though most client backups seem to proceed normally. I did have one client come up as reserved (error -505) which is what started me looking for problems. I fixed that by forgetting the source, reinstalling the Client software, and re-adding the Client (First Use). Thereafter the backup scripts proceeded normally. However when I went into the log to see why the client hadn't been backing up for two days, I found this...See attached log snippet. Can someone explain these errors and if they have something to do with the above issue or another affecting operation of the backup. I have not seen the line before, IFaceIPUpdate: gethostbyname error 1, (Authoritative Answer Host not found), hostname = ML-server.private Note that the hostname does seem correct and Retro Server runs scripts using the hostname (possibly by address, since that also is correct). No names have been changed for any reason, ever. You will note that these errors seem to appear in clusters around the dates I started having trouble (6/23/2015) with a client and not before. So far I have reinstalled/restarted that one client. The Server side was restarted by automatic script last Sunday (6/21/2015) on it's normal schedule with no untoward events. My signature line below indicates the current software and configuration information on this system. I am reporting this as a bug, really it's a mystery. If you all have seen it before and have troubleshooting advice, please let me know. This is the issue I have experienced since upgrading to the latest release. Retro Log_150625.rtf
×