Jump to content

wastedlife

Members
  • Content count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About wastedlife

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. This has been plaguing me for a while, thanks! Deleting the "My Computer.dat" file was the fix for me, as only the local computer was failing, not any of the others. It was over 2 GB in size. I also found a 4GB .dat file from a server that was decommissioned long ago, so I got rid of that as well. This has been added to my bag of tricks in Evernote. I manage Retrospect installations for several clients, so this is bound to come up again.
  2. Hello, we have Retrospect 7.7.562 backing up an Exchange 2010 server running on Windows Server 2008 R2, among others. Our issue is that it cannot login as the user account created for backup to either the Exchange Database or Exchange Mailboxes. However, both work for the default domain administrator. This works as a temporary workaround for now, but need to use the backup user due to the administrator password changing frequently. The user account is a member of Domain Users, Domain Admins, Backup Operators, and Enterprise Admins, as the Exchange guide recommends. This user also worked for the Exchange 2003 server that we had previously. When we use "Login As.." in Retrospect for the volume, there is no error that we see (might go by too quickly), but the volumes appear empty. If we use "Login As.." to enter the "administrator" account, it works with no issues.
  3. I have the same problem. Running Retrospect 7.7.325 (32-bit) with Hot Fix version 7.7.3.102 on a 32-bit Server 2003 R2 server. I have already tried the steps outlined here: http://forums.dantz.com/showtopic.php?tid/30589/ Still have the same issue. After enabling the debug logging, here is the error: T-2: TMailboxLink::ComInitializeThread: MAPIInitialize failed, error 80040605 T-2: TMapiManager::Reinitialize: Creating new MAPI session. T-2: CreateProfileAndSession: failure in MAPIAdminProfiles, win error = 0x00000000. EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Exchange server is running Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 x64 with Retrospect Client version 7.7.106. Mailbox backups had been working and suddenly stopped after an error in the middle of one of the backups: - 5/13/2010 7:21:09 AM: Copying on MAIL 5/13/2010 7:22:31 AM: Snapshot stored, 321 KB 5/13/2010 7:23:36 AM: Execution completed successfully Completed: 24 files, 611 KB Performance: 0.4 MB/minute Duration: 00:02:27 (00:01:08 idle/loading/preparing) Can't access volume on MAIL, error -557 ( transaction already complete) Can't access volume on MAIL, error -530 ( backup client not found) Can't access volume on MAIL, error -530 ( backup client not found) - 5/13/2010 7:26:50 AM: Copying on MAIL 5/13/2010 7:26:50 AM: No files need to be copied 5/13/2010 7:27:16 AM: Execution completed successfully Duration: 00:00:25 (00:03:38 idle/loading/preparing) All of the rest of the email boxes from this backup gave a "No files need to be copied" message, followed by subsequent Mailbox backups failing with "No Source Volumes specified" and being unable to login on the volumes screen to the mailboxes. Database backups continue to function.
×