Jump to content

JDMcCADD

Members
  • Content count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About JDMcCADD

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. JDMcCADD

    Scanning Incomplete, Error -1010 (Api Request Bad)

    For what it's worth I scheduled a Retrospect backup for 2 hrs. from present time, scheduled a full chkdsk (chkdsk /r) on the system, restarted, and left it to run unattended. The next time I checked the Retrospect logs a day later, the backup I had scheduled for 6:00 P.M. was cancelled by another user at 6:00 A.M., indicating to me that the external USB drive (Iomega eGo 1TB)was not properly detected after the system restarted. The user that cancelled the backup was not aware of the problem and so just cancelled the backup. However, the very next scheduled backup at 12:00 P.M. ran to completion without errors after the office manager disconnected and reconnected the USB drive as I had instructed her to do when Retrospect prompts for a new location for the backup set. The USB drive is frequently not recognized by WinXP if I restart the computer with the ext. USB drive attached. If we then unplug the USB cable, wait ten seconds, and reconnect it, WinXP recognizes it again and Retrospect proceeds with the backup, though it may fail with the API request bad after that point. I think this issue may be unrelated. I scheduled another backup for later that evening. I logged on just now to find that the next scheduled backup failed after just over 5 minutes and 34.7 MB. The next day the daily scheduled backup failed immediately during the scanning phase again. The CHKDSK log (attached) didn't report any defective sectors. I notice also that a scheduled daily backup using NTBackup to a network drive is encountering problems as well. The backups complete, sometimes, but even the completed backups contain failed log entries (attached). Any ideas?
  2. JDMcCADD

    Scanning Incomplete, Error -1010 (Api Request Bad)

    I've been fighting this same error for weeks now on a WinXP system running Retrospect Express 7.7. For a while the backup would proceed for a few minutes, about 5GB, then fail with 'API request bad' in the log. Now it fails consistently as soon as it starts scanning. From your workaround instructions above I tried adding a subvolume pointing to a folder containing just one text file to the backup script before the Local drive C:. Same results. I'm not sure this is what you intended in your workaround. If there is a workaround I'd really like to get it working on this PC. It's been driving me nuts for weeks now. I was able to get one full backup completed after updating the BIOS (Dell Optiplex GX520), but not since then. I have no idea what condition allowed it to complete one backup. I haven't been able to replicate it since.
×