Jump to content

ddtmm

Members
  • Content count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ddtmm

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I recently upgraded to 15.5.0.179 from 15.1.2.100 (multi server) but noticed that any job that started where the client was not to be found (because that client was turned off), Retrospect would hang up. That is, it would permanently say "Finding Client...". Cancelling the job or even trying to quit Retrospect altogether would not work. Just sits there, and you have to kill the task from Task Manager. Version 15.1.2.100 did not have this problem and reverting back works fine. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
  2. Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've been battling this exact same thing for years. Hope you see this... Thx, Dan
  3. I've been getting " Error -1101 (File/directory not found) " errors for years. I run Multi Server (ver. 8.5) on Windows and I use it to back up both Win and Mac computers. I get the error only with the Macs and I have to restart the retroclient on the related Mac. It's so bad that I had to create a script to restart the retroclient everyday before the backups occur. I called in the past and got nowhere. I'm reluctant to upgrade because I know the bugs are all still there. What's the point? Exact error: Can't access volume <vol> on <client>, error -1101 ( file/directory not found)
  4. gtartari, I think it may be something to do with User Account Control in 2012. I noticed a few things that used to run on startup in 2008 no longer do because of UAC. I suppose I could loosen UAC to allow those applications to run when needed but that's not a proper fix. Fortunately I'm the only one that accesses that server but I would like to know how to configure UAC to always allow, or trust? certain applications so the UAC prompt doesn't come up. Haven't investigated that far yet...
  5. ddtmm

    64 bit support

    JoTraGo JoTraGo, I tried the same libc6 and it didn't work for me either but when I downloaded libgcc_s.so.1 it worked. You can download it here: http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/i386/libgcc1/download. After unpacking, copy libgcc_s.so.1 to the /lib32 folder. Then try running the client.
  6. I think I've had the same thing happen. I'm on Server 2008, Retro Multiserver 7.7.562 with a Quantum Superloader3/ LTO-4. What happens is I will notice that there are 3 or 4 scripts queued and are waiting for the right backup tape. As soon as I highlight the correct tape in Devices it immediately resumes and carries on with the backup. It's as though as soon as I pointed out the tape it was looking for it carried on. Sometimes the tape it's looking for in a magazine slot but usually the required tape is already loaded in the tape drive. Frustrating. I don't know what makes it happen but it will happen a few times in a week, then not for a month or 2. No idea what makes it come and go. Stumped
  7. ddtmm

    Snow Leopard Issue? Win2003 Server

    Similar problem here although we are able to backup our two 10.6.7 servers but not the Mac iMacs/Macbook Pros. Our problem started about a year ago when we updated to either 10.6.4 or .5 (can't remember which). At the time we were on 7.6 Multi Server and have since upgraded to 7.7.533 but no change. It seems the problem will happen after the Mac has bee running for a day or more. Retrospect sees the Mac computers ok but doesn't see the HD when it goes to backup and then reports "Can't access volume lyndap on Lynda, error -1101 ( file/directory not found)" (in this example it's Lynda's Mac). A reboot always fixes the problem but it usually recurrs a few days later. We are running 7.7.533 on Server 2008(x64). I have tried Mac client 6.2.229, 6.2.234 and 6.3.029 with the same results. I use Retrospect to backup two Linux PCs, 2 Mac servers, Win2008 and 2003 servers, XP, Win7 and some 10.5.8 G5s but the only ones that this happens to are the 10.6.x workstations. If memory servers me well, it never happened with 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 or .4 -ish. Although I feel certain it's a Mac thing, it looks like it will need to be a Retrospect fix.
  8. I am running 7.6 Multi server on a Windows 2008 server and I mostly backup Macs but also a few Windows machines. I am currently using Mac client version 6.2.234. Can I use the version 8 Mac client with Retrospect 7.6?
  9. ddtmm

    Retrospect Crashes

    I once had that problem too. After trying just about everything I could think of I deleted the script that was running the backup that made it crash and recreated the script from scratch, along with a new backup set too and the problem went away. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but the problem didn't come back. I am running 7.6.123 multiserver with driver update/hotfix 7.6.2.101 and I mostly back up Mac clients, but a few windows clients too.
  10. Hi Robin Mayoff, I tried your 21276.zip code and it seems to be working fine. That is, no crashes when exiting. I'll let it do its thing over the next few days and see how it does. Many thanks. This well help HUGE. Dan
×