Windows 2008 and Autolaunch

I'm having trouble getting Retrospect to launch scripts when it's supposed to. I have reinstalled the launcher service, have tried running the service as a domain admin (instead of the local network account, in the default install). However, I still have the problem of when I logoff, time seems to stop for Retrospect until I log on again, when all my scripts want to run. I'm running Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). I have the 64-bit version of Retrospect installed (7.7.325). Is there some log file that I can check and see why Retrospect isn't running? There's nothing in the standard Windows system logs.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Rick Beaber

I believe this is an age-old problem with RS - I don't know if they ever fixed the issue.

i.e. the launcher runs as the logged on user, log out and the app stops running.

I haven't been concerned about this problem as I connect to the user account running RS via RDP and merely close the session, rather than logging out. Our backup server is a headless server secure away in our comms room, so I'm not concerned about someone fiddling.

Maybe locking the account rather than logging out could be an option?

Rich

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the reply. That's what I've been doing, but it's just so wrong!

They sell Retrospect as an enterprise-level product, but can't seem to get this small detail to work. I have many programs that run just fine when I log out, including freeware. It shouldn't be that hard to make this work.

Thanks again,

-Rick