Retrospect 13 - Check for Updates?

jelockwood

I currently have Retrospect 13.0.1.106 installed on a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6. This is working fine.

However I today received an email notifying me of the availability of Retrospect 13.5.0.173, I therefore did the logical thing and told Retrospect to 'Check for Updates'. It reports there are no updates available.

I have a properly licensed and registered Multi-Server copy which came bundled with a years Annual Support & Maintenance, so it should recognise that I am entitled to this update. I can see the updates are available to manually download from the Retrospect website.

Is the Check for Updates function broken? It does not give an error merely says that there are no available updates.

Have Retrospect not yet released this update via the Check for Updates mechanism?

Version 13.5 is an upgrade, not an update.

I think you will have to request a new license key from Retrospect and then download the upgrade.

I think that is a good choice. I have encountered software that proclaimed a new version was available, and asked "do I want to update?" So I did only to encounter it will not run without paying more money. And downgrading was difficult, of course.

Version 13.5 is an upgrade, not an update.

I think you will have to request a new license key from Retrospect and then download the upgrade.

I think that is a good choice. I have encountered software that proclaimed a new version was available, and asked "do I want to update?" So I did only to encounter it will not run without paying more money. And downgrading was difficult, of course.

I see Mayoff has confirmed it has not been activated as an update yet, with regards to your answer as I pointed out my version 13 Multi-Server came bundled with Annual Support and Maintenance meaning even if it had been a chargeable upgrade it still should have shown up.

I see Mayoff has confirmed it has not been activated as an update yet, with regards to your answer as I pointed out my version 13 Multi-Server came bundled with Annual Support and Maintenance meaning even if it had been a chargeable upgrade it still should have shown up.

I seem to remember some years ago that it was not the case for ASM customers to have the "Check for update" show paid upgrades. But I may be wrong.

Sorry for the confusion I caused.