Retrospect suggestion

I am not sure where or if suggestions are received but I have one that would be efficient for admins keeping the clients up to date.

While having the Retrospect app open, it provides a notification to the admin "I just finished successfully backing up the client "admin's Mac" but I notice that the client is out of date.  Would you like me to update the client from 13.0.0.230 to 13.0.1.104?  Or better yet, have Retrospect provide a preference (On or Off) that would auto update the client based on the version queried on the client computer at the time of backup and the version located in the Retrospect's Client updater folder on the Retrospect server.

With laptops coming and going off the network, it is sometimes a task to keep up with finding the window of opportunity to update the client before the client disappears again.

Anyway, just a thought.  Thanks.

Paul

I am not sure where or if suggestions are received but I have one that would be efficient for admins keeping the clients up to date.

Paul

A worthy suggestion, IMHO.

Suggestions for Retrospect Mac are received in this forum.

Whether they are ever acted upon, or whether that forum is just a distraction to keep the peasants happy,  is another question.  I think it would be worthwhile for encouraging current and future customers if the head of Retrospect Sales took an evening to reply to each of the "recent" threads in that forum, saying in one two sentences either "This good idea was implemented" or "This was judged to not be a good idea" or "This was judged to be a good idea, but too much work to be implemented".  And who better to advise the head of Retrospect Sales on what action was taken on these suggestions than "Retrospect Employee #63. Since 1994", namely Mayoff?

If the head of Retrospect Sales doesn't do this within a reasonable time, maybe we should have an "Occupy Wall Street" phone-in.  Each Retrospect user who submitted a suggestion should phone Retrospect Support, at 925-476-1030 (Mon.-Fri. 9a.m-4:30p.m. EST) and ask "Was my suggestion implemented, and—if not—why?".

• Like 1