Retrospect doesn't start scheduled tasks until i open Console

I had Retrospect 10.5 running on a Mac OS 10.7 Server for some time, it worked mostly well beside being very very slow. 

I recently moved this 10.7 Server to a virtual Machine on ESXi and upgraded the OS to 10.8 Server. Since that, i often have 2 issues :

- some scheduled backups are hanging on "preparing backup". Stopping the backup (or kill the engine when the stop doesn't work) and launch it manually works.

- sometimes, scheduled tasks don't launch at all. But connecting to the Console launch them (i see the start time to the current time)

Is there any known issue between 10.8, Retrospect 10.5 and/or virtual machines ?

Data source is on an iSCSI volume, Data destination was on a firewire disk before migration and is connected by USB since migration.

• Like 2

I say USB is not reliable enough for backups. It also uses the CPU a lot.

Oh, i agree, and it is only a temp solution until i buy a new NAS, but i can't do it before late September at best.

But anyway, that would explain some slowness, but not the 2 issues i see there.

I'm still thinking about upgrading Retrospect to v12 or simply get rid of it and do all by hand using rsync and some other command-line tools. This kind of problems don't push in favor of Retrospect tho.