Advantages to Retrospect 9 and 10 over version 8.5?

Hello all,

We are currently using Retrospect 8.5 multi-server. I've been receiving a popup telling me that Retro 9 and 10 are available to download. My question is how reliable\stable is Retrospect 10 compared to 8.5? New features are great but my number one priority is stability and then performance.

Any advise appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Like 4

Hi Retro1,

I upgraded from 8.5 to 10 - the claimed performance improvements were not really applicable to my setup, so I can't comment on whether or not the performance is as fast as they say.

For my setup, the speed is about the same as it was in 8.5

I have seen others posting that they do indeed see performance gains, so it depends on how your system is set up.

Version 10 has been very stable so far however. 

The main reason I upgraded was to solve the issue with EFI ASR Writer failed with "error -1001 (Windows: unknown error)" - which was actually fixed in Version 9.5, but I didn't get around to updating to that version.

Hi Phil,

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on your upgrade. When I had a look earlier on the Retrospect website it mentions speed increases of up to 200% for certain tasks, which seems impressive. Glad to hear it’s been stable, that's the main thing.

Did you upgrade straight to 10 from 8.5 or did you upgrade to 9 first and then 10? Also did you have to upgrade all the retro clients for them to work with 10 or do the older clients work with 10 as well?