Block level incremental backup increases size of transfer backup

I run a transfer backup once a week to a removable drive. This has worked well for quite a while as all clients will fit on one drive (500GB). However, since enabling block level incremental backup my backups no longer fit. I am selecting "Transfer all recent Snapshots" (the most recent snapshot for each source) for the script. When I browse the snapshots I see multiple copies of a file, and checking properties sometimes indicates the size on disk is small (indicating a change-only backup), but at times nearly the entire file size appears copied more than once. I only want the most recent backup. Are these two features incompatible?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The following sentence in this link may explain what you observed:  "When transferring snapshots or backup sets containing block level incremental backups of a file, the complete chain of prior increments leading to and including the full version of that file is automatically transferred."

DanJo, yes, I want the complete chain, but only the final result. When restoring a file from backup that has incremental blocks, only the final resulting file is wanted, not all the bits that led up to it. Transfer snapshot should do the same. If there is only one snapshot, there is no use for the history, as it cannot be parsed out anyways once the snapshot history is gone.

Likely this behavior hasn't changed since I originally posted this over a year ago.