Retrospect 11.5 with new mac mini server/Tandberg Storage Library T24

Hello,

Longtime user of Retrospect server.  Upgraded to a new server running osx 10.9 (I believe).  The mac mini is inside a 1U Sonnet case that uses an ATTO sas card (H680 i think).  Retro loads up and runs and also sees the library.  So far so good.  I start a backup and it gets a minute or so into the backup and just stops.  The log has errors stating something to the effect "trouble communicating".  I'm not really sure what to do.  I found an article stating something to the effect that the ATTO and the LTO 4 tape library have trouble with each other unless you update the firmware on the library.  The problem is, the mac compatible software that does the firmware update doesn't seem to be compatible to the new server's OS.  I'm going nuts here.  I also have a call to tech support.  

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Rusty

What firmware are you talking about? For the ATTO SAS card, for the unnamed tape library, or for the LTO drive that's in the library?

ATTO is very good about providing updates to drivers and firmware, but you do need to know the exact model number of your HBA adapter, and have the version of ATTO's Config Tool that's appropriate to your OS version. You also need to update the ATTO driver before you install any firmware update.

I'd start by getting rid of your "I thinks" and confirming what you actually have in your system.

Hey Twickland,

Thanks for the response. Your reply ended on a somewhat terse note and I'm not sure why. My question at this point was to ask if anyone has had a similar experience with similar equipement. I could delve very deeply into every aspect of my setup and include the firmware of every single point in the chain but with a general question I didn't think it necessary or appropriate.

I would never tell someone who is asking for help to get rid of "I thinks". That's just rude. But hey, we must be different.

Thanks again,

Rusty

ps - I actually spoke with technical support very briefly and they had a very good idea of what was going on without telling me to get rid of "I thinks".