Discovering data size of all devices that are backed up?

cstewart

Due to file de-duplication, you can't really do that. Say you have two identical computers, A and B. If you backup A first lots of files will be backed up, but practically none from B. If you backup B first lots of files will be backed up, but practically none from A. 

You could possibly look at the backup set properties and then Sessions.

post-8868-0-54491300-1406214081_thumb.png

You will see the number of files, but not the amount of bytes.

You can browse each session, select all files (ctrl-A) and see the amount of data at upper right.

post-8868-0-46400100-1406214234_thumb.png

Thank you for your prompt reply Lennart. ( I had already reposted this to another thread, I will fix this )

That is what I feared, I was hoping that there was a quicker function to assess the totality of each backup, or to export an excel list with data size of each client. I understand what you are saying though and it makes sense.

I have multiple servers with many clients, so this will be a fun task indeed!

I don't know if this will work in 7.6 (it does work in 8.x and 9.x) but an easier was to see the size of a session is to select the backup set, select the session and click Browse. In the resulting dialog click the '-' (minus sign) next to the volume name to collapse the folder/file tree. Clicking on the volume name to select it will then show number of file and size at top right.