When Sh**t happens

The hardware is here:

http://www.storagenewsletter.com/rubriques/tapes/tandberg-thunderbolt-promise/

http://www.mlogic.com/blogs/news/9073149-mlogic-introduces-mtape-thunderbolt-lto-6-and-mlink-rx-thunderbolt-expansion-chassis-for-red-rocket-x-at-ibc-2013

There are also Thunderbolt to FC converters and Thunderbolt to SAS converters.

The question is Retrospect compatibility. I have no answer for that.

I suggest "Copy Media Set" or "Copy Backup" from the disk media set to a tape media set. Which one depends on your needs.

attachicon.gifSkärmavbild 2014-01-22 kl. 14.09.16.png

I have a question regarding this feature. If I copy a backup and try to "continue" this backup on the final destination (on copy) Retrospect starts a new full backup. It doesn't compare contents. Is this meant to be this way?

I have a question regarding this feature. If I copy a backup and try to "continue" this backup on the final destination (on copy) Retrospect starts a new full backup. It doesn't compare contents. Is this meant to be this way?

I do not think it is meant that way. I use this feature only on the Windows version. There it compares just fine and copies only what has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. So I have a Mac server with Mavs, Retro 10 doing daily bckps to a thunderbolt HDD, and a LTO5 storageloader. As you suggested Disk->Disk->Tape. So Tape will be backup of the backup of initial disk, right? On tapes will be the RDB files from the retrospect backups that I did earlier from initial working disk. 

• 1 month later...

D Day!

So I'm going to restore almost a year backup day from several LTOs

Scenario:

- day by day backup (incremental) and last backups didn't run well as the space on LTOs filled up. So this last backup didn't complete snapshot also. Is it possible to rebuild a snapshot based on the tapes?

- I want to restore only last version of each file/folder, but I'm encountering several folder that only appears in search, not in last backup.

Any ideas? TY