Can't duplicate file xxx restoring entire volume.

Hello:

Retrospect 6.1.230 Mac OSX server 10.5.5 backing up to a WD FW drive.

Had to restore an entire disk after a failure.  Replaced the drive and started the restore. 650GB restored...Then got 600 files with the following error:

File "UniveConBol": can't duplicate to "UniveConBol" , general error

Fonts, Jpegs and tiffs.

Any ideas on this one. 

Thanks, Rick

• Like 1

Lennart, Thanks for the reply.  I'll attach the portion of the log I received.   Duplicate files yes, but I was restoreing an entire disk to a clean new hard drive so I'm not sure how there could have been duplicate files in different locations. That's what's confusing... I asked the person if they possibly stopped the restore ands restarted but haven't heard back.

Thanks for your input.  Rick

I'm wondering whether your restore may be getting stuck on a single file and is therefore not moving on. I'd try excluding the filename "UniveConBol"  from your restore and see if that makes a difference.

If this is unsuccessful, repairing the catalog is unlikely to help, though rebuilding the entire catalog from the media may. If you try this, be sure to save your existing catalog somewhere in case the problem is that some of the data in your backup set has become unreadable.