Exchange 2007 on SBS 2008

Hi all,

Backup from Exchange Server 2007 on a Windows Small Business Server 2008 worked fine over years. Now I noticed that backup of E-Mails isn't working anymore since several weeks. I didn't change anything on the system except updating Windows and Retrospect. When trying to backing up a Mailbox I get the following error:

Create MAPI session failed: Exchange MAPI/CDO may not be properly installed.
Create MAPI session failed: Exchange MAPI/CDO may not be properly installed.
Durchsuchen unvollständig, Fehler -3420 ( unbekannt)

First I deinstalled Retrospect 8.2 and made a fresh install of Retrospect 8.1. But nothing changed.

Afterwards I controlled, that .NET 4 is installed and I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64. But it's still not working.

If I try to create a new backup and click on Exchange-Mailboxes a new window opens where I have to type in username and password. post-30926-0-45305600-1378654752_thumb.png

If I type in username and password and press ok, it isn't accepted. I even create a new RBU-user as it's described in the user manual. But that user isn't accepted, too. Afterwards you can find in the Retrospect protocol the error mentioned above: "Create MAPI session failed: Exchange MAPI/CDO may not be properly installed."

Additionally I renamed the Retrospect folder at "C:\Program Data" and tried to backup the Exchange-Mailboxes with a fresh Retrospect configuration. But actually that didn't work, too.

Do you have any ideas how to get it work?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...