Import scripts etc.

Hi there,

I installed a new start up disc on Mountain Lion and am migrating all software from the old startup to the new startup.

Retrospect already is authorized and starts up, but I lost all my scripts and can't seem to find a way to import them from the old start up drive to the new.

What gives please?

Also, is the email notification issue cleared up yet? My settings seem to be correct, it says "test email successfully sent" but I didn't receive any.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I installed a new start up disc on Mountain Lion and am migrating all software from the old startup to the new startup.

Retrospect already is authorized and starts up...

Do you mean by this that you did not have to re-enter your license code?

...but I lost all my scripts and can't seem to find a way to import them from the old start up drive to the new.

What gives please?

Scripts and other Retrospect parameters are stored in the file Config80.dat, located in the folder /Library/Application Support/Retrospect. Copying this file to the corresponding directory on the new startup volume should bring over your scripts. Be aware, though, that any configuration changes you have performed in Retrospect since the migration (in sources, new scripts, rules, etc.) would revert back to the versions that existed prior to the move.

The Config80.dat file also remembers your license information. If you didn't have to re-enter your license code at the time you migrated, this would imply that some version of this file was copied to the new volume. If you did copy this file over and your scripts weren't there, it would mean that what you copied was different version of Config80.dat than the one you wanted.

There is no way I'm aware of to copy part of the configuration information from one Config80 file to another. Unlike Retro 6 and earlier, in Retro 8/9/10 there isn't even a way  (other than by piecing together screenshots) to print scripts or rules to facilitate manually re-entering the parameters.